Thursday, April 12, 2007




Alright, laziness be damned. In the aftermath of a hangover, my precious consciousness revived, I will continue with the long awaited, though perhaps abridged, continuation of my trip.

After GuangZhou I took a sleeper bus to Kuming. This bus several hours late and crammed(about 40 people crammed into bunkbeds in three columns down the length of the bus. Such bus will come again before the story is finished.) eventually pulls into the station and we load on. 30 hours later we arrive in Kuming at about midnight. Promptly after exiting the bus I was snatched up by a young girl who, in my sleep addled state, took me to a hotel. She showed me a room and I slept. unfortunately the room had no sheets so I used my shirt as a pillow case as the pillow itself looked like it had been scavenged from that old couch in the basement that you're certain at one point had been boiled in beer and left in the rain for 6 months, and spread out the blankets from both beds and slept between them. In the morning I had to soak my feet for 10 minutes in the sink to thaw them out, spring city my ASS. the next morning I checked out bought a bus ticket then burned time hanging out in the mall until the evening.

Again I loaded onto a sleeper bus and continued my journey higher into the Himalayans. The sun rose and I found myself about about 3100 meters in a strange new town. LiJiang(丽江). Again I picked up my shatter, shit filled self(seeing I had not been to the bathroom in a while seeing first I don't like the chinese toilets although I'm convinced that it's physically better for you but more over they're exquisitely disgusting. I find myself thinking about shit far too much here mostly the logistics of the matter, when, where, how...) and wander off towards the goal of my journey though I know little about it. I found other foreigners who point me in the right direction.(Foreigners! I hadn't seen so many white people , it was like almost being able to function again!)

2 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger piglet36 said...

Hello, are you still in Ganzhou? Are you able to recruit a kind person to take a photo of an address for me do you reckon? (adopted daughters finding place)
3 Wenming Lu (Ave) I think its the gates of a Watwr mill factory or similar? Happy to reimburse..
Fingers crossing right now...
markytom@hotmail.com
Thanks Keeley from New Zealand

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ganzhou?my college is in ganzhou now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home